ASIFMA 2021 TRAINING SERIES: Asia Financial Market Explained
Dates: Monthly, starting from January 2021, ending December 2021
Location: Webinar via Zoom (supported by exclusive access to the Series on our website login)
- $180 USD (Non-members)
- $150 USD (ASIFMA member firms and Partner Associations)
Factsheet: To download your factsheet, please click here.
Registration: To register please click here
Official ASIFMA link
This exciting training program comprises a Series of monthly interactive educational training sessions on key emerging topics relevant to the financial industry in Asia, delivered by expert trainers drawn from our extensive global and regional network. By curating relevant, up to date information together into one Series, with the active support of our wide industry network, various expert committees and education working group, participants will be confident they are learning from a source accredited by the industry that utilizes expert trainers from leading institutions globally and regionally.
Each virtual one-hour training session will provide a basic introduction to the topic in a dynamic format to encourage interaction including use of polling and opportunity for Q&A. The program is aimed at getting junior and intermediate staff up to speed on these emerging areas in finance within Asia. In addition to the live training sessions, every participant will have exclusive access to an online repository containing numerous educational resources, including an outline of the topic, the related session presentation provided by the expert trainer, as well as background material on each topic, pre and post-training session surveys, suggested persons or organisations to follow for ongoing learning and on-demand videos of each event. The training sessions and supporting materials will be in English.
Our first monthly session (on China Financial Markets) will be held on 28 January 2021. Our full list of topics is below (although these are subject to change if more relevant topics emerge over the year).
- China Financial Markets Explained (28 January 2021, 12 noon HKT/SGT)
- Sustainable Finance/ESG in Asia (23 February 2021, 12noon – 1pm – HKT/SGT)
- AI, Big Data (23 March 2021, 12noon – 1pm – HKT/SGT)
- Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs)
- India Financial Markets Explained
- Diversity in Capital Markets
- Operational Resilience of Firms
- Conduct and Individual Accountability
- Greater Bay Area Development
- Tokenised Securities
Global and Asian industry experts and senior representatives from our network of sell-side, buy-side, law firms, infrastructure providers and consultancies who have been specifically selected for their knowledge and skills by our staff and related member committees.
At ASIFMA, we are committed to ensuring diversity and inclusion in our workplace and this policy is applied in all areas of our business including speaker roles at our events and conferences.
Session 1 – China Financial Markets Explained
- Stephen Davison, Management Director, Head of China Strategy and Chief of Staff, JPMorgan
- Arthur Luk, EM Asia Local Markets Strategist, JPMorgan
- Mark Austen, CEO, ASIFMA
- Lyndon Chao, Managing Director – Head of Equities and Post Trade, ASIFMA
- Philippe Dirckx, Managing Director – Head of Fixed Income, ASIFMA
- Eugenie Shen, Managing Director – Head of Asset Management Group, ASIFMA
Session 2 – Sustainable Finance/ESG in Asia
- Jaideep Panwar, Senior Manager, Global Responsible Investment & Governance, APG Asset Management
- Helena Fung, Head of Sustainable Investment, APAC, FTSE Russell
- Jonathan Drew, Managing Director, ESG Solutions, Global Banking, HSBC
Session 3 – AI, Big Data
- Annabel Lee, Public Policy Lead for Data, APAC, Amazon Web Services
- Laurence Van der Loo, Executive Director – Tech & Ops, ASIFMA
- Boon-Hiong Chan, Head of Securities Market and Technology Advocacy, Securities Services, Corporate Bank, Deutsche Bank AG Singapore
$180 USD non-members for the entire Series; $150 USD for ASIFMA member firms and Partner Associations.
Access is not transferrable between individuals and will be monitored both during the webinars and on the website. Those who attend a designated number of live webinar sessions as well as complete the requisite number of surveys will be issued with a certificate of completion of the event.
Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) Continuous Professional Training (CPT) points will be granted for those located in Hong Kong for sessions attended. Similar accreditation is being sought in other jurisdictions.
Alex Lipton, Manager – Business Development and Communications (email@example.com)